Hardwood Floor Care
Hardwood Floor Care Tips
Wood is a natural, beautiful and timeless design and decorating element. Caring, consistent and correct maintenance will insure it remains that way. These tips will help.
- Do not use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors. Self-polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and become dull quickly.
- Use throw rugs both inside and outside doorways to help prevent grit, dirt and other debris from being tracked onto your wood floors. This will prevent scratching.
- Do not wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
- If your floor is a wax floor do not over-wax it. If the floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
- Put soft plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
- Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels. A 125-pound woman walking in high heels has an impact of 2,000 pounds per square inch. An exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 pounds per square inch. This kind of impact can dent any floor surface.
- When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood flooring. It is best to pick up the furniture completely to protect the wood flooring.
- For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
- Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to keep wood movement and shrinkage to a minimum.
How to Clean Hardwood Floors
- Remove rugs and move as much furniture from the room as possible.
- Sweep and dry mop the floors. It is important to remove as much loose dust and dirt from the floors as possible before you begin mopping.
- Spray Bona Hardwood Floor Clearer in a 3’x 3’ area (using sparingly) and mop with washable microfiber pad, working small areas at a time. To prevent buildup rinse cleaning pad in clean water often.
- Replace your rugs and furniture when the floor is dry.
Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner is available at Old World Floors, LLC in Bartlett, TN and other retailers nationwide. It is non-toxic for children and pets and is Greengard certified.
Contact email@example.com to schedule your appointment.